Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday #2

I didn't leave my house until Sunday.  I know I live in Florida and we pretty much have awesome weather most of the time, and I'm going to sound like a totally weenie saying this, but… it was cold.

Don't judge me.  Your blood would thin out too after living here a few years.

Anyhoo, JB and I spent most of the week in the warmth and comfort of our home wearing footed jammies, sleep sacks and pj pants stuffed into knee-high snowboard socks.  I'll let you figure out who wore what.

I did, however, manage to get out of the house a couple of times after the "cold front" passed us by.

SUNDAY:



I drew the inspiration to layer these necklaces from this WIWW post from the gals over at g*rated. Did I pull it off?  Those ladies are super cute and stylish!

EVENT:  Dinner w/ DH & JB
Wrap dress and white cami:  Old Navy
Shoes:  Payless
Sunglasses: Coach
Necklaces:  Too old to remember
Watch:  Michael Kors


TUESDAY:









EVENT: Trip to Target (we love Target around here)
Cowl-neck sweater:  Banana Republic
Lace cami:  Old Navy
Jeans:  Citizens of Humanity
Sandals:  Reef
Watch:  Michael Kors
Necklaces:  
Long large-beaded:  Consignment
Long small-beaded:  Garage sale
Short:  Leather strap necklace from a boutique paired with a medallion from a broken necklace

I tried the layered necklace look again.  I think I like it!  Easy way to spice up an otherwise boring outfit. I really need to work on posing.  I look like a paper doll… Same position, different clothes.

Linking up to:

pleated poppy

7 comments:

  1. I love how you layered your necklaces! I need to do more of that. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You did pull it off! Love that red dress with the bright necklace.

    Oh, and living in E. Texas, I can totally relate to being a cold weenie. It gets cold-er here, but not by much!

    LOVE the drapey top from your second outfit too!


    Would love to have you by for a visit!

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makaila-I was inspired by another blogger, so maybe you will inspire another! Keep the trend going strong! :)

    Abbie-Thanks! And I'm glad I'm not the only cold-weather weenie out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you pulled off the layered necklaces quite well.:) And we are at Target all the time too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always forget the option to layer necklaces! You did it well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from What I Wore Wednesday. I love your long necklaces with that drapy shirt. It looks so great together! I'd love for you to join my ABC's of Style challenge at http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete